In the fall semester, the Technician senior staff named Broke Shafranek and Kendra Stowe to be recipients of the Technician Grant.
- Brooke Shafranek is a freshman in English. She granted from Panther Creek High School where she was news editor for the Panther Creek News Network and president of the Creative Writing Club. “Brooke’s most impressive quality is her natural, confident curiosity,” Chris Hoey, English/journalism teacher at Panther Creek High School, said. “Brooke also has a strong sense of justice coupled with a need to find the truth.”
- Kendra Stowe, a freshman in nutrition science, graduated from David Butler High School in Matthews. She worked as an intern at the Mint Hill Times and was active in the Student Council while in high school. Sarah J. Price, academic internship program coordinator with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, said, “Kendra’s ability to work independently and meeting critical deadlines demonstrates her competence to excel in a business environment.”
- Tyler Everett, a junior in Spanish language and literature
- Alanna Howard, a sophomore in language, writing and rhetoric
- Jeniece Jamison, a sophomore in communication media
- Jessica Neville, a sophomore in biochemistry