Skip to main content
- The first Agromeck yearbook was published in 1903, making it the University’s oldest publication.
- Technician newspaper began printing in 1920, celebrating its centennial in February 2020.
- NC State student radio started in 1944 and has been on the air as WKNC 88.1 FM since October 9, 1966.
- The first Windhover literary and visual arts magazine was published in 1964.
- Nubian Message’s first newspaper was printed on November 30, 1992.
- The first glossy magazine, now branded Roundabout, was published in 2016.
- Technician is a weekly print newspaper and daily website reporting on news, sports, arts and entertainment, and commentary of interest to the University community.
- Nubian Message is a biweekly newspaper and website serving as the voice of NC State’s African-American students and highlighting other marginalized campus communities.
- Roundabout is a glossy, full-color magazine printed four times a year. Each edition highlights topics relevant to students during that time of year, such as housing, wellness, and dining and culture.
- WKNC 88.1 FM HD-1/HD-2 is a student-run, non-commercial radio. Operating 24/7/365, WKNC’s 25,000-watt broadcast signal reaches listeners throughout the entire Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill market. WKNC prides itself on offering alternative programming of indie rock, electronic, hip-hop and metal, with a heavy focus on North Carolina music and broadcasts all Wolfpack women’s basketball and baseball games.
- Agromeck yearbook serves as the final historical record of events from a student perspective.
- Windhover is an annual literary, visual and musical arts magazine representing the creativity of students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- More than 300 students spend time as an employee or volunteer with NC State Student media each year.
- Technician distributes 4,000 print newspapers each week during the fall and spring semesters to 68 on-campus locations and 23 off-campus locations.
- Nubian Message has a bi-weekly circulation of 2,000 print newspapers to 51 on-campus locations and 23 off-campus locations.
- NC State students make up an estimated 40 percent of WKNC’s listening audience.
- More than 700 students are featured in each year’s Agromeck.
- 1,250 copies of Windhover are distributed each spring.
- The Student Media Business and Marketing Office is responsible for bringing in more than $130,000 in print and online ads and radio sponsorships each year.