Important dates for students considering leadership positions for 2014-2015
- Position papers for student leader applicants will be due Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014 at noon
- Advisory board meetings will take place between Feb. 7 and March 3, 2014
- Board meeting for the official hiring of student leaders is March 4, 2014
Applications for Student Media leaders for the 2014-2015 academic year are now open. A POSITION PACKAGE from each applicant will be due Thursday, Feb. 6 at noon to 307 Witherspoon.
ADVISORY BOARD MEETINGS will convene between Feb. 7 and March 3for each of the four media groupings – newspaper, broadcast, annual publications, and the business office.
The final step is the full STUDENT MEDIA BOARD MEETING on Tuesday, March 4 at 7 p.m.in location 356 Witherspoon. During the meeting, a member from each individual advisory board will make a recommendation to the Student Media Board. The Board may then accept the recommendation and hire that candidate, reject the recommendation and interview the candidate(s), or choose to hire no candidate and reopen applications.
- The candidate must have been a member of that media for at least two full semesters.*
- The candidate must have at least two semesters remaining as an N.C. State University student.*
- The candidate must have at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average and must maintain a 2.50 semester and cumulative GPA.
- The candidate must be a full-time N.C. State University student.
- The candidate must be free of active disciplinary sanctions, subject to the review of the Office of Student Conduct.
- The candidate must agree to attend all required training.**
- For the University regulation for undergraduate student leadership, consult regulation 11.55.6.
* The board may decide to waive this requirement. ** For the Technician and Nubian Message editors, this includes the Management Seminar for College News Editors in Georgia in July as well as a retreat the weekend before school starts in the fall and spring. For the Agromeck editor and senior staff, this includes a summer workshop TBD.