Gilbert appointed to CBI board

Jamie Lynn GilbertStudent Media Associate Director Jamie Lynn Gilbert was appointed to the College Broadcasters, Inc.’s board of directors for a one-year term as secretary, effective Dec. 1, 2015. 

“I am incredibly excited to rejoin the CBI board,” Gilbert, who advises student radio station WKNC-FM at North Carolina State University, said. “Being a part of the CBI board was an incredibly rewarding experience and I look forward to again donating my time and talent to help student electronic media outlets across the country.” Gilbert previously held the secretary role from 2008-2014.

CBI is a member-driven organization serving students and advisers of college and high school electronic media outlets. The organization hosts the annual National Student Electronic Media Convention, a student production awards contest, and advocates on behalf of student electronic media.

Gilbert will fill the second year of a three-year term vacated by Margaret Hair of University of Kansas on Nov. 30. An election will be held to fill the role for the third year.