Student Media is now hiring a full-time editorial adviser to work with Technician and Nubian Message. Interested parties should apply through the NCSU website.
Student Media is now hiring a full-time editorial adviser to work with Technician and Nubian Message. According to the job posting, the successful candidate will:
- Contribute coaching, advisement, critiques and edit recommendations to student advisees with regard to best journalistic style/story structure, planning/conducting interviews, reporting, photography, web/print design, newsroom work, and management of productions with tight deadlines
- Understand common and routine arts and media principles, and procedures to provide training for student staff covering all aspects of mass media production, including media law, ethics, privacy and copyright
- Remain relevant on trending and new media forms and techniques, collecting qualitative and quantitative data regularly through surveys, focus groups, source interview and/or other appropriate forums regarding media coverage, credibility, recruitment/retention and conduct training based on information learned from that data
- Possess high-level oral and verbal communication skills to carry out the daily tasks as well as maintain good rapport and relationships with various campus divisions and departments
- Be familiar with, if not proficient in, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Have experience with innovating solutions and working on projects as a team
Interested parties should apply through the NCSU website.